Monday, October 20, 2014

Author Interview- Michelle Hughes

Happy Monday readers. 
It's not very often that I can say that I've physically met any of the authors I interview on this blog. 
In fact, in the year since my writing journey began, I can honestly say I've never met any of my fellow TWRP authors or staff.  
But that's okay, our internet connection is strong and our friendships are growing stronger.

But for today's author that is not the case. 

I was blessed to met Michelle over the summer when our paths crossed and truly over the moon when I learned she was a highly accomplished author. To say the least, it rocked my little world! 
Now it's time for her to rock yours...



      Hi Michelle, thanks for being with us today. Can you tell me three words that describe yourself starting with A, B, and C?

Wow, you’re really making me put on my thinking cap this morning.  Let’s see.  A:  Adventurous, I think that definitely sums me up.  The thing is all the adventures are in my head with four of my five kids still living at home.  For B?  I guess I’d say balanced.  I have a set schedule to do writing, then another for my family.  If I didn't set those, I could see never getting anything done.  As far as a c word that wraps me up, the first thing that comes to mind is crazy.  I gave up a job in respiratory therapy to write books for a living.
     
  What are your three favorite things?

The first one is easy, my family is my number one favorite thing.  The other two are a little more difficult.  I love to write, obviously, but I think traveling once my family is raised, will be up there with writing because I want to see the world.  I was pretty fortunate that my father was in the service because we lived in Germany for three years, but there’s so many places I can’t wait to see.

       Is there a process you stick to, or do you just write as it hits you?

I’m going to give away my trade secret here, just kidding.  But I get inspired by looking at what’s hitting the bestselling book charts. Not that I copy their ideas, but I get a feel for what readers are looking for by seeing the types of stories they are buying.  I’m a romance writer, so I look for books of that caliber when scouring the charts.
My process is a little insane.  At the moment I’m writing four different books at once.  When the inspiration hits me I decide which book to open up each morning to work on.  I sincerely believe you have to schedule a time to write every day or you’ll have trouble completing one.

       Was there any particular inspiration for your characters or story?

My first book, Tears of Crimson, was inspired by dreams I’d had since I was a young teenager.  Rafe, that’s my main character, came to me in reoccurring dreams that I still have today, over twenty plus years later.  I’ve always felt like he was my guardian angel.

      If you could spend the day with any celebrity, who would it be?

I’m a huge fan of Alexander Skarsgard.  My latest book was dedicated to him, that’s how much I love his work.  For the few people that live in seclusion, he’s best known for his role as Eric Northman from True Blood.  I had the opportunity to meet him a few years ago in New Orleans, but unfortunately my schedule wouldn't allow me to take the trip.  I have to say of all opportunities I could have missed out on, that one stays with me.  I’m not even sure I could have had a conversation with the man, but it would have been a life memory.

Thanks so much for letting me share a little insight into my life with your readers. 
 If you’d like to find out a little more about my work, feel free to visit my pages: 





What's your price?  If someone offered you an opportunity to never worry about finances, and have everything in this life that had been denied before, would you still hold on to your morals and refuse?  I always thought I would.  But two million dollars is a hell of a big incentive!  I considered myself a strong, independent woman, until the recession slammed me down face first.  Had my situation been different I never would have considered taking his offer!

Cade Stellan.  Billionaire, and closet pervert.  He liked to watch.  And I'm not referring to sporting events!  He wanted a woman that he could control and unfortunately, I'd caught his attention.  I say unfortunately because as much as I wanted to deny him, the price he offered proved that I could be bought.  Why a man like him had to pay for anything would never make sense, nor would why he had chosen a person like me to fulfill those needs.  As much as I wanted to turn him down, and prove to myself that my standards were higher, I knew I wouldn't.

A world of passion awaits you on Fantasy Isle, the pleasure resort for adults.  The Fantasy Isle book series, offer readers a stand-alone novel for each fantasy revealed.  Playing off the Fantasy Bar & Grill Trilogy, Michelle Hughes welcomes you to a world of sensual temptations. Through His Eyes, is the debut book for Fantasy Isle and introduces readers into a voyeuristic mind set, with ménage undertones.  


BUY LINKS:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle, thanks for being with us today. Just downloaded your 5 Nights book set. Can't wait to start reading.

    ReplyDelete